All students desiring to take music lessons must submit a video audition along with the audition form. Students who desire to take multiple instruments must submit a separate set of forms and videos for each instrument.
Please note: your audition video does not determine acceptance into the Music School; rather, it is used to determine the best ensemble and teacher placement for you.
Audition Video Requirements
1.) Play a scale of your choice (several octaves is best but not required).
2.) Perform a piece of your choice (a sacred piece is acceptable, though a classical piece is preferred).
- You may use music if needed.
- Piece may be performed with or without accompaniment.
Note: please position your camera so your whole person can be seen.
- Video format: Save your audition video as MOV or MP4 if possible. You may submit your video in other formats, but be aware that you may be asked to re-send in a new format if faculty are unable to open your video.
- Put both your audition video and your audition form in a folder labeled with your full name.
- Audition video and form should be submitted no later than August 23rd.